Skip to content

Programs : Budget Sheet

The following listing represents the Fall Budget Sheet for CAPA: Australia: Sydney Internship.

Fall Budget Sheet for CAPA: Australia: Sydney Internship
Fall Budget Sheet for CAPA: Australia: Sydney Internship
Budget Item In-State UMass Amherst Out-of-State UMass Amherst
Education Abroad Fee *   $860.00 $860.00
Tuition & Fees *   $14,699.00 $16,699.00
Education Abroad Application Fee *   $50.00 $50.00
Billable subtotal:  $15,609.00 $17,609.00
Meals   $1,500.00 $1,500.00
Airfare   $1,800.00 $1,800.00
Educational Travel   $2,000.00 $2,000.00
Books/Study Materials   $250.00 $250.00
Passport Fees   $110.00 $110.00
Visa/Residence Fees   $150.00 $150.00
Personal Expenses   $1,000.00 $1,000.00
Non-billable subtotal:  $6,810.00 $6,810.00
Total: $22,419.00 $24,419.00

Please note that the program fee is subject to change. 

The billable items above will be put on your UMass bursar's bill.

Tuition & Fees Include:
-Tuition for 12-15 credits
-Internship up to 20 hours per week
-Housing in an apartment or homestay
-Full day excursion to the Blue Mountains and an overnight stay in the Taronga Zoo
-Local transportation pass
-Medical, travel and accident insurance*
-My Education cultural programs
-CAPA services and support in the U.S. and abroad

The non-billable items above are used to help plan and prepare for the program, as well as calculate eligibility for financial aid. Not all students will incur all the expenses listed. All amounts listed are estimates and subject to change depending upon currency fluctuation, reports from past participants and feedback from CAPA’s on-site staff.

Health Insurance: Students receive a certain amount of accidental medical, emergency medical transportation, repatriation of remains, etc. for the duration of the study abroad program through both CAPA  and the UMass Travel Insurance Policy. Students arriving earlier or staying later than the program dates, should consider purchasing an International Student Identity Card (ISIC) at Students are strongly advised to maintain US coverage (usually through a parent policy) and should know procedures to report health care costs to the insurance provider.  Students not covered by parent policy should obtain coverage as suggested in the Education Abroad "Guidelines" booklet.

* Billable item