Spring 2019 is full
A University of Massachusetts Amherst Exchange with the Université de Paris IX - Dauphine in conjunction with Academic Programs International.
- Enroll directly in classes with French students at a Parisian university
- Classes taught in French and English
- Housing: local host families, dorms and shared apartments
- Entry Requirements: Valid passport with supporting documents (more information provided during post-acceptance)
- Teaching internships available
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Proficiency in French: Basic knowledge of French desirable, but not required
- Course of study in Business, Management, Economics, or related fields
How to Apply
This program is administered in conjunction with Academic Programs International (API). UMass reviews all applications and will make final decisions once students have completed the application process.
1. Create a profile through the UMass International Programs Office online system. Go to the IPO Homepage to begin.
2. Submit materials - UMass and Non-UMass students follow separate procedures. Refer to your application list for both the IPO and API applications.
3. Language testing: Once materials have been submitted, All students who wish to take classes taught in French will be scheduled for:
- Online placement test
- Interview with UMass Amherst France Advisor (can be done via phone/Skype for off-campus students)
French Châteaux - Loire Valley - Provence - Rouen
Bruges, Belgium - Burgundy - Lille - Lyon - Rambouillet
All excursions are subject to change. If requested prior to the API payment deadline, UMass students may opt out of all excursions and will receive a discount of $700 per semester.
Total Credit Hours per semester: 12-18 semester credit hours
Established in 1968 the Université Paris-Dauphine has become a leading business school in France. The campus is located in a former NATO building at Porte Dauphine next to the Bois de Boulogne. With 26% foreign students among its enrollment of 9000 students the university is characterized by an international atmosphere. Dauphine is specialized in the fields of Organizational Sciences and Decision: Management, Economy, Law, Political Science, Sociology, Applied Mathematics, Information Technology and Data Processing. Courses are taught predominantly in French, although some courses in English are available.
Université Paris-Dauphine Information for Exchange Students
Course at the API Center
Students participating in the Dauphine exchange may take a class taught at the API Center.
A limited number of teaching internships are available for intermediate to superior level students. Students are placed in French schools and work closely with teachers to teach students English. An additional fee is charged for participation in the internship. Students will earn 3 semester credits upon successful completion .For UMass students, the teaching internship is accepted as an upper-level elective for the French Studies major/minor.
Students will enroll directly in courses at Université Paris Dauphine and should have a strong background in economics, management, and/or mathematics. Most courses will be taught in French, although the university does offer courses in English. Students will be in class with French and other international students.
Paris-Dauphine Course Guide and Academic Information
Words from Returned Students
Four months--that doesn't sound like a lot. On average, my life changes very little in four months. Four months in Paris, however, change seemingly everything. I don't even know how to begin to explain what an amazing experience I had.
Vivienne P.--University of Massachusetts Amherst
My overall experience abroad honestly could not have been any better. Yes, it can be scary to be sitting in a classroom with people around you who probably don't speak English as a first language, but they could be some of the best people you ever meet. I was invited home to Germany, Scotland and Northern Ireland for Christmas from friends I made in my classes. I also now have people to visit all over the world.
Jennifer S.--University of Massachusetts Amherst