Practice your Spanish with native professors and local students, and join field trips to visit places like the stunning medieval cities of Toledo and Segovia, or the city with one of the oldest universities in Europe—Salamanca.
Enjoy living in one of Europe’s most vibrant (and comparatively affordable) capital cities. Visit Madrid’s world-famous museums (must-sees for Art History students), experience its fabulous nightlife, and explore its unique neighborhoods.
Immerse yourself in Spanish culture. Visit markets, sample delicious cuisine, and explore lovely Retiro Park or the Sunday flea market, El Rastro.
Two summer sessions
Fall or Spring semesters Yearlong
Programs Of Study Spanish Language, Art, and Spanish/European Studies
Language of Instruction English/Spanish
USAC is a non-profit organization that offers programs in 28 countries, with many locations unique for study abroad. Discover where you'll study abroad at usac.edu.
Deadlines, Costs & Steps to Apply to this Program:
1. This is a Partner Program which requires two complete applications:
(a) program-specific application found on their website, and
(b) IPO/UMass online application which can be started here .
2. Deadlines & Program Dates. Check on the Partner Program website. They will differ from the deadlines for your IPO/UMass application process.
3. Costs for this program can be found on the Partner Program website.
4. Create your online IPO account, if you have not already done this.
5. Visit the IPO Advising Center or IPO Peer Counselors in the Learning Commons.
6. Set up an appointment with an IPO Program Advisor.
7. Only UMass Amherst applicants can apply to this program through UMass IPO.
8. UMass IPO is not responsible for the content of partner program sites.
Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
UMass/IPO Application Deadline
** Indicates rolling admissions.
If you are applying to a partner program, you must check their website for ACTUAL APPLICATION DEADLINES. The posted deadline above indicates when your UMass Abroad application materials are due and the program’s deadline may be sooner.